Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Catching up...

Hello and welcome back to the WORLD FAMOUS www.gregwhit.com OK, maybe it isn’t really world famous, but I do have a global audience, so I can call my site whatever I please…

Things are still very exciting in the Whitcomb household. We’re really excited about the arrival of our little guy, Owen. He’s been kicking and moving around a lot lately, so I guess he’s running out of space. We felt a foot the other day, that was amazing!

Lori was out of town last week. She went to Sunset Beach, NC for a Judicial Conference. I stayed behind and took care of Lucy & Ethel. I thought it was going to be a relaxing week, but it turned out to be very busy.

We got a Weber charcoal grill a few weeks ago and I’ve been trying to cook every meal possible on it. I’ve already learned a lot because cooking on an open fire isn’t as easy as cooking on a traditional propane grill. I’m not a fan of the traditional charcoal briquettes, so I got some Cowboy Charcoal (lump charcoal – the real stuff) and it’s amazing! I’ve cooked a lot of steaks lately. I must admit, I cannot cook a steak very well on a normal grill but for some reason, I can cook a steak to a perfect medium rare to medium on this grill.

I’m off to pick my Mom up at the airport, she’s flying in from Orlando, FL to visit with us for a few days.

Hasta la vista,
GSW