Saturday, December 20, 2008

All I want for Christmas is...

Owen's two front teeth... Christmas came early as we just discovered Owen has a tooth. He's been drooling and chewing on everything for the past month and finally he grew a tooth! We can't see all of it, just the white top but we can feel it and it's pretty sharp, especially when he bites...

Things are good in the Whitcomb household, it's been a while since I posted an update, so let me try to remember what we've done the past couple of months and bring everyone up to speed.

We had an awesome Thanksgiving, another first for Owen. We left Charlotte on Tuesday afternoon and drove to Jacksonville, FL. We spent the night with Grandaddy and it was his first time getting to meet Owen. Then Wednesday we drove to Orlando, FL and Owen was immediately in his Grammie's hands. Papa was already there, then Uncle David came over later that day and then Scotty and his girlfriend Erica came over. We had a really nice Thanksgiving, of course, Owen was a hit with everyone. It was really special to see Owen with three generations of Owens, Leonard J. Owen (Papa), David S. Owen (Uncle David) and Deputy Owen (Scotty). Friday we drove to Miami and visited with Dad. It was a really nice visit and it was his first time getting to meet Owen. We drove back to Orlando that day, so it was a quick, but great visit. Saturday our plan was to leave in the morning, but Owen had been in the car SO much and had done SO well that we didn't want to push it. We stayed in Orlando until about 4:00 PM and then headed home. Before we left, Lori and I went to IKEA and had a great shopping experience, she had never been there before. Our drive to Charlotte was uneventful and we got home a little after midnight.

We're pretty much ready for Christmas, the tree has been up since October and most of the shopping is finished. We're going to Whit and Karan's and spend a couple of days with them in Kannapolis. Mom is coming up on Saturday the 27th and will be here through the 2nd of January. I don't get a lot of vacation, so I'll only be off Wednesday - Friday of Christmas and I think the same for New Years.

Work is still a four letter word for me. I really hate the drive to Salisbury every day, but fortunately I've worked it out that I work from home on Fridays. I still carpool Monday - Thursday, so that saves $$$ on gas each month. I've been really busy trying to finish up a few of my projects by the end of the year and I think I will be able to deliver them right on time. A couple of weeks ago I flew down to Tifton, GA in the corporate jet, it's the only way to travel. I had a photo shoot that finished up early, so I went back to the airport and hung out with the pilots while we waited on some others. I took some of the pictures of the plane and then one of the pilots opened the plane for me and let me take some pictures of the inside. He said I could get in the pilot's seat, and I wasn't about to turn that down. I took a few goofy pictures of me in the pilot's seat and then we flew back to Salisbury. That is the great thing about the corporate jet, we can pretty much go anywhere up and down the east coast and be home by 5:00 PM.

Well, Owen is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, his absolute favorite show and my coffee cup is empty so I am going to sign off. I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!