Sunday, March 8, 2009

Past Due...

What can I say... Being a father is a FULL TIME JOB! Finally I have a job that I love! Work is pretty busy too, so between that and keeping up with Owen, www.gregwhit.com gets the back burner. Right now Lori is watching Dancing With The Stars, which I have no interest in, so it's time for a quick little update...

So Christmas was awesome, especially for Owen! We had a GREAT visit with Mom and spending time with friends and family.

I would like to make an announcement... I am the PROUD owner of an Apple iPhone. I know, I'm the guy that worked for that other software company and prolly said a lot of not so nice things about Apple. I'm able to say now that I was brainwashed and while I still prefer a PC, Apple isn't so bad. When it came to a replacement phone for my smartphone that ended up in the toilet (another story), my requirements were simple: I wanted my next phone to have a touch screen display, GPS and play music. Lori got one late last year and I tried not to be too envious, but when I saw how flawlessly it operated, I knew I needed an iPhone. So I've had it for a few months and am that guy now that downloads silly applications for no particular reason other than because I can. The first thing I did though was hack it because I needed to use it as a high-speed modem for my laptop. It's good to know I've still got it...

Owen has changed SO much since I wrote last. He's a full time crawler and wishes to pull himself up on anything that he can reach. Once upon a time you could take your eye off of him, just for a second, not any more... He requires full time attention! He's also saying DADADA pretty much all of the time. Lori says that he isn't really saying Dad, but I'm pretty sure if he said MaMaMa it would be Mom...

Work has been pretty busy, but with the current state of our economy, and everything else, I welcome the opportunity to be busy at work! I just got back from a huge two-day meeting that our department sponsored for 2,500+ employees in Greensboro, NC - that's all of the store managers, district managers and all other layers of managers that make our company operate. We got hit with a pretty good snow storm, which slowed things down a bit, but overall it was a success.

So if you haven't noticed the trend of EVERY update for the past year plus, it's all about Owen. His birthday is 5/17 and this year we will celebrate his birthday on Saturday 5/16 - please don't tell him, it's a surprise! Details to follow, but please keep your calendar clear. I can promise you there will be plenty of great food and cold beverages...

See you soon! Greg, Lori & Owen